Monday, November 5, 2012

11.5 Wow.

I hope all of you are safe and well.  I feel pretty lucky my house didn't get crunched by a tree or flooded so that's good.  I don't have power or internet.  I am here at an internet cafe so this is going to be a short post, but I wanted to give you a heads up - and let you know that ENG 3029 will be here waiting for you when you get back.

When we meet (this Tuesday or next - depending on Kean and whether or not you can get to campus) we will talk over how to put things together for the rest of the term.  

I have not had a chance to do any more on your drafts for the short analysis (no internet) but will be able to work on that as soon as school opens (Kean will certainly get power before me - I live in an urban forest => or used to.  Lots of trees/power lines down).  

I am expecting to pare back on readings and to focus on finishing your projects (lots of workshops).  I am thinking we will finish Gee (because you will need to apply his methods for your projects), and read the Coach Bombay article as an introduction to ethnography.  The rest will pretty much be focused on supporting you in collecting and analyzing your data, and on writing and revising your papers.  

I will be on campus as soon as  school opens..  If you can't attend class and you let me know and I will try to be in touch with you.

I am sending  all my thoughts and nonsectarian prayers your way.  Take care and be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment