Saturday, January 19, 2013

1.19 Welcome to ENG 3029 Section 01!

This is the course blog. I  use it to post course documents to:

  • to review what we did in class,  
  • to provide a "hub" so you can check out your classmates' blogs, 
  • and to provide an updated version of what we will be doing in the next class.


I handed out a hard copy of the syllabus and calendar in class with the address for this blog (posted to the right under course documents).  If you lose the syllabus and can't remember the address - if you put "ENG 3029 Section 01 Chandler" into google, it comes up on the first page of hits.

As noted on your calendar, and in the syllabus, the calendar gives an overview of what we will cover and where we will be going.  To make sure you are turning in the right work, working on the right assignments=> you need to check this blog after every class.  I will post "what we did" and "what you need to do for the next class" no later than 9:30 am the day after class (usually earlier = but some days are pretty hectic and I want to leave myself some wiggle room). The dates on the calendar are subject to revision. What is posted on the blog is what we will be doing in class.  If I forget to post the blog by 9:30 the day after class (and this is a real possibility) => please write to the class email to remind me.  We are in this together. . . right?

This is a challenging course - but it is truly exciting.  It can position you to see the world of language in new ways, and it will provide you with tools and practices for seeing beneath "the way things are" in ways you may not have thought of.  It is just about my favorite course in the world to teach, and I am looking forward to our work this semester.

After class today, I will post a blog that reviews what we did in class - and lets you know what to do for next class.  I'm excited about the new approach to materials we will be working with (students from last semester made some great suggestions!) and I am looking forward to see what we, as a class, can add to the world of writing studies research!




No comments:

Post a Comment